Our Policy – Use of Personal Information
We are committed to adhering to the requirements laid down by the Privacy Act 1993 in order to ensure that any information provided to us by a candidate is kept and used for lawful purposes.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect personal information about you if you become a potential candidate seeking placement as a contractor or employment. This information will be collected to enable us to assist you in possible job placement.
How We Will Collect your Personal Information
Personal information will be collected when:
- You complete a registration form (whether in paper or electronic format) and submit that to us;
- You supply us with your Curriculum Vitae (whether in paper or electronic format);
- You attend an interview with us; and
- You supply us with any other information (whether verbally or in writing) at any stage of you being listed with us as a candidate.
- We receive any reference about you (whether from a former employer or referee);
- We obtain feedback from inquiries we may make with your former employer(s), work colleagues, professional associations or any applicable registration body;
- We receive the results of any medical or other testing that relates to you;
- We receive feedback on your performance at work;
- We receive notification of any complaint about you or workplace accident that you have been involved in;
- We receive an application (regardless of form) from you in response to a job placement advertisement; and
- We obtain any information about any investigation, inquest, inquiry, litigation or prosecution that you are involved in.
Use of Personal Information
Upon authorised collection of your personal information by the abovenamed means you authorise the Company to use your information in connection with the following:
- Assessment of your suitability for employment/or placement (in whatever capacity);
- Reference checking;
- Assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Performance Appraisals;
- Payment for work you may have completed;
- Follow up referrals for further work;
- Checking for work availability;
- Any test or assessment you may be required to undergo i.e. medical tests or psychometric assessments;
- Identification of any specific training needs or workplace rehabilitation;
- Any insurance claim or inquiry that requires disclosure of your personal information;
- Our handling of any complaint, investigation or inquiry of which you are or have been involved in; and
- To fulfil any specific legal requirements that necessitate disclosure of your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Where you are using our Employer Recruitment Specialist Services any information supplied by us to you regarding a candidate is done so on a strictly confidential basis to enable you to assess a candidate’s suitability for the position and except where authorised or required by law shall not be disclosed to any third party without the candidate’s consent.
Where you are using our Job Hunter Specialist Services, you agree that you authorise us to disclose this information to:
- Any of our clients using our Employer Recruitment Specialist Services;
- Your Referees;
- Our Insurers;
- Any professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- The Accident Compensation Corporation;
- Contractors and suppliers i.e. computer database, IT and website agents; and
- Any other person or party with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Access of Information and Correction to Information Held
Subject to the exceptions laid down by the Information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act, you have the right to see and obtain a copy of any of the personal information we hold about you. Any such request will be dealt with by us in a reasonable and practicable timeframe without undue delay.
If after reviewing the information we hold about you, you can establish that some or all that personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date we will undertake steps to correct it or any part of it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. If you wish to access your information or request a correction you should contact us at email@example.com.
Where practicable you will not be charged for an access request, however where the access request spans a large amount of information then we may charge for our reasonable costs incurred.
Promotion and Marketing
By providing us with your email address, you consent to receiving promotional material from us.
By providing personal information to us, whether verbally or in writing by whatever means then you expressly acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions related to Personal Information and because of this you consent to us collecting personal information about you and disclosing and using that information as set out in the above terms.
Are you missing the forest for the trees?
If you’re looking for a strategic, driven, and energetic HR consultancy to help you see the big picture, as well as take care of the day-to-day, you’re at the right place.
Our welcoming and professional team is ready for an intriguing and thoughtful conversation about your HR challenges – are you?