We are committed to adhering to the requirements laid down by the Privacy Act 1993 to ensure that any information provided to us by you or a candidate is kept and used for lawful purposes.
Our Policy is to be read in conjunction with our General Terms and Conditions of Engagement.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect personal information about you when you:
- become a potential candidate seeking placement as a contractor or employment. This information will be collected to enable us to assist you in possible job placement.
- subscribe to our newsletter via our website or follow our respective social media pages. We ask that you complete an online form which asks for information about you, such as your name and email address.
- purchase products or services from our website or pay accounts online. Our website also offers an e-commerce facility which allows you to purchase products or pay invoices using a credit card. When you use that facility, we collect information regarding your credit card in order that we can process your payment. Use of our e-commerce facilities is subject to additional terms and conditions which are outlined in our General Terms and Conditions of Engagement.
- become a client. When you become a client, irrespective of whether we doing Work, we collect more detailed information from you to enable us to give you the advice you need.
Please note that we do not collect information about you from other sources unless it is in the public domain or you have authorised us to do so.
How We Collect your Personal Information
Our Clients and Suppliers
We will collect your Personal information to:
- personalise and improve your experience on this website or with the services we provide
- communicate with you in relation to any matter relevant to our business, this website and the services or products we provide
- monitor website usage
- provide you with information from third parties which we think would be of interest.
Where we communicate with you for marketing purposes, we will comply with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. This means that we will provide you with instructions for unsubscribing from such messages if you choose.
Recruitment Candidates, Job Hunters and Employees
Personal information will be collected when:
- You complete a registration form (whether in paper or electronic format) and submit that to us
- You supply us with your Curriculum Vitae (whether in paper or electronic format)
- You attend an interview with us
- You supply us with any other information (whether verbally or in writing) at any stage of you being listed with us as a candidate
- We receive any reference about you (whether from a former employer or referee)
- We obtain information from you directly while undertaking Work for your employer, our Client
- We obtain feedback from inquiries we may make with your former employer(s), work colleagues, professional associations, or any applicable registration body
- We receive the results of any medical or other testing that relates to you
- We receive feedback on your performance at work
- We receive notification of any complaint about you or workplace accident that you have been involved in
- We receive an application (regardless of form) from you in response to a job placement advertisement; and
- We obtain any information about any investigation, inquest, inquiry, litigation, or prosecution that you are involved in.
Use of Personal Information
Upon authorised collection of your personal information by the abovenamed means you authorise us to use your information in connection with the following:
- To undertake the Work for our Client
- Assessment of your suitability for employment/or placement (in whatever capacity)
- Reference checking
- Assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Performance Appraisals
- Payment for work you may have completed
- Follow up referrals for further work
- Checking for work availability
- Any test or assessment you may be required to undergo i.e. medical tests or psychometric assessments
- Identification of any specific training needs or workplace rehabilitation
- Any insurance claim or inquiry that requires disclosure of your personal information
- Our handling of any complaint, investigation, or inquiry of which you are or have been involved in
- To fulfil any specific legal requirements that necessitate disclosure of your personal information
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In most instances you will receive prior notification of our intention to share your personal information with third parties, and you will have the right to choose not to share your information.
We do not sell your personal information.
Our employees and subcontractors will have access to your information to carry out their job. They are subject to obligations of confidentiality and are restricted from using it for any other purposes, other than the Work related to their functions.
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the entire World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
Where you are using our Employer Recruitment Specialist Services any information supplied by us to you regarding a candidate is done so on a strictly confidential basis to enable you to assess a candidate’s suitability for the position and except where authorised or required by law shall not be disclosed to any third party without the candidate’s consent.
When we provide our Services, you acknowledge that you will be sharing with us personal employee information. When doing this you confirm you have the appropriate policies and agreement from the employee(s) concerned to share this information with us.
To enhance the delivery of our services, we may share your personal information with other service providers
Our Job Hunters
Where you are using our Job Hunter Specialist Services, you agree that you authorise us to disclose this information to:
- Any of our clients using our Employer Recruitment Specialist Services;
- Your Referees;
- Our Insurers
- Any professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Agencies involved in the completion of criminal records check (i.e. Ministry of Justice or NZ Police) and credit history checks
- Contractors and suppliers i.e. computer database, IT and website agents; and
- Any other person or party with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Access of Information and Correction to Information Held
Subject to the exceptions laid down by the Information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act, you have the right to see and obtain a copy of any of the personal information we hold about you. Any such request will be dealt with by us in a reasonable and practicable timeframe without undue delay.
If after reviewing the information we hold about you, you can establish that some or all that personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date we will undertake steps to correct it or any part of it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. If you wish to access your information or request a correction you should contact us at email@example.com
To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Where practicable you will not be charged for an access request, however where the access request spans a large amount of information then we may charge for our reasonable costs incurred.
Promotion and Marketing
By providing us with your email address, you consent to receiving promotional material from us.
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates or services partners whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
You may opt out of our promotion and marketing activities at any time by emailing us.
Our website is owned, hosted and operated by Catherine Stapleton of Hamilton. Our trading name is Stapleton Consulting. Our website addresses are – www.stapleton.consulting; www.stapletonconsulting.co.nz; and www.stapletonconsult.com
No sensitive data about users or visitors are stored on this web site. No credit card or address and personal details are stored on this web site.
A cookie is recorded on your computer when you visit our website(s).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
We recommend you allow cookies because it helps you to access features that you may not have access to otherwise.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on our Websites may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
By providing personal information to us, whether verbally or in writing by whatever means then you expressly acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions related to Personal Information and because of this you consent to us collecting personal information about you and disclosing and using that information as set out in the above terms.